Life is all about the decisions you take.
There are moments in life when you have to make crucial decisions, especially if you want to win big in life.
You have to go for victory in whatever you want to do and in order to do that you have to burn the ships.
And what do I mean by burning the ships?
Burning the ships means going to the battlefield in inferior conditions, being the underdog, and knowing that there are no more options but winning.
Having the mindset of either you win or you win.
Just to give you a famous example…. when Hernan Cortez arrived from Spain to Mexico he had a very small army in comparison to the Aztec army.
So, what did he decide to do to win that battle?
He burned his own ships.
Why? Because after doing that the only option his army had had to survive was winning the war. And the fire and resilience they got from that decision, was what made them win and conquer Mexico.
Now I have a question for you.
Do you burn the ships when you make decisions?
Because if you don’t… you are always leaving the door open to come back to your comfort zone in case you fail.
And not pushing through your limits severely decreases your chances of success in anything you want to accomplish.
- If you want to change your life for good you have to burn the ships.
- If you want to build a strong body, you have to burn the ships.
- If you want to start a diet, you have to burn the ships.
- If you want to become an expert in a specific field, you have to burn the ships.
- If you want to start a new online business, you have to burn the ships.
- If you want to improve your social circle, you have to burn the ships.
- If you want to change your surroundings (going to another country), you have to burn the ships.
- If you want to conquer your fears and develop success habits, you have to burn the ships.
The key is to make those decisions and stick to them UNTIL you succeed.
Are you ready to burn the ships and go all in toward your goals?
Hope you are.
Till the next one,
Martin “Burn the Ships” Moncayo